Thursday, August 18, 2011

Year-round School & Shiny New Tech Tools

I started working on August 3rd this year, my school has gone "Track E" or Year-Round". Of course not every Chicago Public School has done this, which is very inconvenient for those of us who have school age children in another school and a husband who also teaches both on a regular schedule. I keep hearing, "mommy where are you going, it's summer!" I found some research that shows this trend doesn't even work http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/08/070811151449.htm

Hummm, we will see.

It was nice to arrive to my library/classroom to play with my new Hitachi StarBoard (interactive whiteboard)and the Elmo document camera that was attached to it. The kids are starry eyed when I turn it on. I can't wait to find some new ideas to use with them. So far I have used it to show a video clip that is related to the book I read them. I love the Dewey Decimal Rap I found at http://www.schooltube.com/video/a6f0e9bf883c6426497b/The-Dewey-Decimal-Rap

I have also had my little ones move the ABCs around the board into the alphabetical order. I plan to scan my first book with the Elmo next week and highlight some of the difficult words and link it to Google images as we read.

Any ideas?




No comments:

Post a Comment